Relieving The Pressure Of Dieting

Outside of everything that is diet related, it is time to get back to the fundamentals of self care; lavishing the body with things that fortify it, instead of breaking it down. Dieting was never meant to be used for just weight maintenance or 'aging' prevention, it is a way to brace the body for the demands we place on it. When we feel run down, stressed and depleted, it is a sign the body doesn't have what it needs. Dieting then, has nothing to do with calorie checks, but has everything to do with strengthening and reinforcing the body through great food choices. Choosing what you eat, is really what dieting is about.

Committing to an eating pattern is basically disciplining yourself to eating the foods that allow your body to strengthen itself each day. It is a well known fact that the body has everything it needs to heal, repair and energize itself but the foods we eat can either encourage or break down that process. I have seen miracles in my own body that I attribute to eating well. I hurt my knee during my teenage years and for a while couldn't walk on anything lopsided without feeling pain from it. Within a few years, it completely recovered. Sometimes simple things, become big problems later on, all because the body does not get the chance to heal itself.

The point is, it could have gone the other way and became a problem if I abused my body through low quality foods. I never expected my leg to heal and thought I would be walking like that for life but it went away and I was able to lead a normal life. If you become ill, the first thing the doctor recommends is a nutritionist, to help you eat right for the healing and repair that can only come from within. Why not eat well all the time, so that your body will not be assaulted by every virus, bacteria, illness that comes along. Eat well so, you body and mind can handle stressors and other negatives that drain the spirit and mind.

Eat fruits so that the antioxidants can defend you, eat beans so the fiber can free you, eat nuts so the oils can heal you and drink water so its purity can cleanse you. This is not to say you can't eat foods like pizzas and burgers, or drink alcohol but my suggestion is that you create a routine out of good and natural foods and limit processed foods somewhat, so that majority of the time you are eating well and eating for health. Don't wait for a doctor to refer you to nutritionist or to prescribe a list of foods, lavish yourself with foods that maintain a state of wellness.